Living Well At Home
What is the difference between Companionship and Home Healthcare?
Companionship denotes the lack of personal care services needed. Put simply it is having someone who acts as a personal assistant! You may not be in need of Home Health Aide (HHA) services because you are basically independent. You may just need a little extra help with the basics of life but are still able to handle your own ADL's (Activities of Daily Living; personal care, etc).
Companionship Care is very customizable! Choose what will be most important to you! We will still need a RN evaluation to show that you are independent (required by state law).
Assistant/Companions may help with
- Driving to events
- Shopping, errands
- Medication reminders
- Pet care; walks, Litter box and feeding. We will also take your pets to their vet appointments.
- Light housekeeping; dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, damp mop, bed making, linen changes, laundry, ironing, cleaning out the refrigerator and taking out the trash! (With the exception of heavy lifting)
- Meal planning, preparation, cleanup!
-Watering your plants.
- Transportation to Dr. appointments, shopping, errands etc.
- Journaling, personal history, scrap books, online technology help, emails, etc.
- Organizational tasks; to be determined
- Even spending time with you while you are in the hospital
Essentially we are your Personal Companion/ Assistant and we will help you with anything you need to achieve your goals and to live and thrive in your home!
And much more!