What is the difference between Companionship and Home Healthcare?
Companionship denotes the lack of personal care services needed. Put simply it is having someone who acts as a personal assistant! You may not be in need of Home Health Aide (HHA) services because you are basically independent. You may just need a little extra help with the basics of life but are still able to handle your own ADL's (Activities of Daily Living; personal care, etc).
Companionship Care is very customizable! Choose what will be most important to you! We will still need a RN evaluation to show that you are independent (required by state law).
Assistant/Companions may help with
- Driving to events
- Shopping, errands
- Medication reminders
- Pet care; walks, Litter box and feeding. We will also take your pets to their vet appointments.
- Light housekeeping; dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, damp mop, bed making, linen changes, laundry, ironing, cleaning out the refrigerator and taking out the trash! (With the exception of heavy lifting)
- Meal planning, preparation, cleanup!
-Watering your plants.
- Transportation to Dr. appointments, shopping, errands etc.
- Journaling, personal history, scrap books, online technology help, emails, etc.
- Organizational tasks; to be determined
- Even spending time with you while you are in the hospital
Essentially we are your Personal Companion/ Assistant and we will help you with anything you need to achieve your goals and to live and thrive in your home!
And much more!